Student, Faculty, and Guest Portal
Welcome to Kadlec Regional Medical Center. We look forward to having you as a student, faculty or guest in our facility. Read about the History of Kadlec.
Quick Links: School or Facility Responsibilities, New Student Responsibilities, Returning Student Responsibilities
All requests for clinical placements must be made in writing to the Academic Services Department at Kadlec. Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee placement.
- Please submit the following information to Rachel Wabeke via email (email@example.com) or fax (509-942-2819):
- Number of students and desired type of placement (i.e. Respiratory Therapy, Lab, Medical Assistant)
- Number of hours for experience
- Desired start and end date of experience
- School and email contact responsible for student placement
- Students' full names (if known) and emails
- Licensed Providers (Physician/Mid-level) and Student Providers (Medical Student, NP, PA, CRNA):
For more information, refer to the Student Clinical Experience or Clinical Experiences for Licensed Professionals policies. Once placement has been confirmed, see below for requirements to be completed prior to your clinical experience.
Proceed with documentation only AFTER request has been approved.
School or Facility Responsibilities
- Ensure current affiliation agreement and certificate of insurance (COI) are on file.
- Complete the shaded areas on the Access and Badge Request form and e-mail to Rachel Wabeke three (3) weeks prior to Orientation or first clinical date. Please include all students and instructors who will be on Kadlec's campus.
- Verify completion of student's Kadlec Passport and sign it. If your school or facility does not have access to student records, the student will be responsible for providing all records to Kadlec Academic Services for review and verification. For large groups of students, a Passport Completion Letter (along with students' passports) will be acceptable in place of individual signatures on the Passport. Email documents to Rachel Wabeke one (1) week prior to Orientation or first clinical date.
National background checks including: OIG, GSA and Washington State Patrol (WATCH). You must notify Kadlec if a "hit" is discovered.
- Submit student schedule and rotations
New Student, Faculty or Guests Responsibilities (See separate section below for returning students, faculty or guests.)
- Onboarding Documentation (to be submitted via email, fax, or in-person to Kadlec Academic Services. Forms must be received no later than one week prior to clinical start date):
- Kadlec Passport: To be verified by your school or facility. If your school or facility cannot, submit passport and related documents to Kadlec Academic Services for verification. Please allow yourself time to complete this as some items may take one week or more.
- Badge Request Form
- KRMC's Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement
- WSP and Criminal Disclosure Satement (Print single sided)
- Parking Permit (If you plan to park on Kadlec's campus): You may park in the parking garage on the day of Orientation, but are expected to follow the employee parking policy for the duration of your clinical experience.
- Online Education (to be completed prior to your Orientation date):
- Mission, Vision & Values
- About Planetree: For more information, contact Cara Hitt, the Planetree Coordinator
- KWeb Instructions: Kadlec's online location for Policies, Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Quality Review Report (QRR) submissions
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider"): a copy will be provided at Orientation
- Complete Online Safety and Compliance Assignments:
Note: Kadlec Academic Services will provide you with your personal HealthStream (HLC) login once onboarding documentation has been submitted. [System Requirements: If your hardware and software meet these requirements and you are still having problems, try switching between browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.]
- KRMC Policies: follow links below where available. Note: There may be additional policies to review depending on your placement. These policies will be provided to you when necessary.
- Non-smoking/tobacco free policy
- Parking Policy
- Dress Code and Personal Appearance
- Blood and Body Fluid Exposure
- In the event of an injury or exposure, please fill out a Non-Employee Injury/Incident Report and consult the HURT box in your department.
- Electronic Device Use
- You may not use personal cell phones in patient care areas. You may only use personal cell phones in private, designated areas of the hospital. Please ask your instructor or a Kadlec unit RN where those areas are. Absolutely no photos can be taken in patient care areas of any Kadlec campus.
- Operating Room Placements: Only review these policies if your placement will have you in the Kadlec Operating Room.
- Orientation at Kadlec: will be arranged by Kadlec Academic Services to be held on or before clinical start date. Placements in the OR will require an additional orientation with OR staff. (See resources for parking map and building map.)
- Wear your school-approved scrubs, uniform, or business casual attire as well as your student or facility badge to your Orientation at Kadlec. You will receive a Kadlec ID badge at this time.
- Check your badge, network, EPIC and Providence access. Kadlec Academic Services will arrange a time for this and will notify appropriate personnel of any access issues.
Returning Students, Faculty or Guests (To be completed annually, once per academic year)
- Complete Online Safety and Compliance Assignments. You will be notified if any additional assignments are added during your clinical rotation.
Note: Your personal HealthStream (HLC) ID and password will not have changed. For login issues, contact Rachel Wabeke at email@example.com.
- KRMC Policies (listed above)
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider"): Hard copy may be picked up in the Kadlec Education Office
- Complete and submit the following forms via email, fax or in-person to Kadlec Academic Services.
- Check your badge, network, EPIC, and Providence access. Kadlec Academic Services will arrange a time for this and will notify the appropriate personnel if any passwords need to be reset or you need a new badge.
**For Placements in the Operating Room, OR Orientation must have been completed within the last two years.